Posted by: Mary | 2012-10-31

Activelle and now a period

Dear Doc

I have been taking Activelle for about 6 months. I didn''t have a period for over a year and was starting with hot flushes and no energy and moodiness etc and because I am only 44 years old, my doc prescribed HRT. This morning though, I appear to have started my periods!! Should I be worried about this? My medical aid has run out and I really don''t have money at the moment but of course, if it could be serious, then I would make a plan. Or should I just wait and see it I have a period next month again?

Many thanks for your help

At your age, it is advisable to do a pelvic ultrasound to exclude a growth in the uterus causing bleeding. Mostly, these growths are non-malignent. Doctor will also have to do blood tests to exclude thyroid abnormalities, as well as diabetes.