Question
Posted by: aab | 2008/08/13

Active, but always tired

I am a 25 year old who does in excess of 5 intense hours of exercise a week. I do, however, feel almost constantly tired. I really battle to get through a day of work without a stimulant of some description. I eat a relatively varied diet and try to have some form of fruit everyday. If anyone can offer some advice on how to resolve this, I would be most grateful.

Dear aab
I think you should get a good physical examination by a doctor to check for iron deficiency anemia, thyroid problems or diabetes. You could be getting too little sleep and exercising too hard. Long term use of stimulants cause an unrefreshing type of sleep which in the long term causes more tiredness. ( especially caffein containing stimulants)
See http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003088.htm

1
Posted by: FG | 2008/08/13

I am no expert but a pharmacist gave me the advice to use Enermag Sport from Foodmatrix. It is suppose to give a bit more oemf, because we usually lack magnesium in our diets. Try that and see!

Greetings
F.

Reply to FG