Question
Posted by: Anonny | 2009-10-13

Acting Positions

Is there a law on acting positions, as to how long one person can act in a position or how acting positions are allocated?

I have been acting in a position for 23months and had a coleague acting in my place when I went on leave, now I hear from romours that my coleague and I are going to share the acting position, this month I get the acting, next month she gets it etc, do I have a say in this?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: ACTING POSITIONS

There is no specific law on acting positions. Most organisations have internal policy with regard to acting positions. In certain organisations they specify that if a person acts longer than a specific period of time that they would be entitled to the salary of the position in which they are acting. This also would deal with who gets appointed to the acting position.

You would have to go in accordance with the policy of that particular organisation.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009-10-16

RE: ACTING POSITIONS

Reply to labour lawyer