Question
Posted by: LG | 2010-08-11

Acting Manager and Co-Workers

I sincerely hope you will be able to advise. I''ve been placed in a Acting Manager position for the last 3 months without the Manager or Directors anouncing this change. The Manager has resigned, and he''s not part of the office anymore, but the staff does not know about this either. It''s not my place to tell them this, but I feel that I''m not getting anywhere with my duties because they still see me as their collegue and not the " new manager"  I''m uncertain how the situation should be handeled. Staff come and go taking leave as they please, take 2 hour lunch breaks and come to work at 09h00 in the morning. I should take action, but there is no procedures in place!!! Please help me take the first step- I''m uncertain what to do???

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: ACTING MANAGER & CO WORKERS

It is suggested that you write out a grievance with a full structure to the Senior Management who will probably take immediate action.

2
Posted by: Labour lawyer | 2010-08-20

RE: ACTING MANAGER & CO WORKERS

Reply to Labour lawyer
Posted by: Manager | 2010-08-17

Your Director/s ,HR or someone higher like your direct control should announce this acting move formally either in a meeting or an email to all concerned .

Reply to Manager