Question
Posted by: sweet | 2011/03/31

acnetane and pregnancy

Hi everyone. Im on acnetane 20mg and diane 35 for the treatment of severe acne. i do not see any improvements though. i have been on these medication for 2months and will be starting my 3rd month very soon. I have decided to stop with acne treatment and focus on my planned pregnancy. I know that is very unsafe to be pregnant while on acnate so i would like to know how long should i wait for acnetance to wear off my system before i start conceiveing. what is the safe time to let it wear off?

Hallo Sweet
To be safe, please wait 3 months before stopping your contraception. Acnetaine can cause serious and dangerous foetal abnormalities.
On the other side, it can take up to 6 months even on Acnetane for severe acne to improve - so if you are still young, you maybe should consider continuing for a while and falling pregnant next year?

2
Posted by: yolanda | 2014/04/22

can acnetane prevent being pregnment

Reply to yolanda
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/31

Hallo Sweet