My daughter is taking Acnetane since February 2009 now. She' s becoming very depressed which is one of the side-effects of this pill. We have her blood tested in April - everything was fine. Her skin was not so worse when she started, actually she had a rash due to study stress. She went to the dermatologist and he prescribed Acnetane to her. She is studying in Pretoria and the doctor is situated in Bloemfontein. So she can' t just pay him a visit. I want to know if she can stop drinking these pills before 6 months? Can she slowly minimize the dosage like 3 pills a week for 2 weeks and lower the dosage to 2 pills per week for 2 weeks and so on? Please help me, because I don' t know what to do. Or can you advise me to a dermatologist nearby Onderstepoort? Or should she visit her GP there?

Dear Anonymous
It may be better if she sees a dermatologist in Pretoria. I think Dr Wentzel at Eugene Marais hospital will be her nearest one Tel 012 335 3303
Otherwise, let her discuss this with her GP