Posted by: nas | 2009-02-18!!!

I have always battled with acne... from being a teenager, and i am now in my late 20' s.
The acne is not " bad" ... my entire face is not covered with it etc.
But i just tend to break out alot.

i have been to a dermatologist and was prescribed Roaccutane twice.... experienced severe side effects, dried out my face badly etc.... but the acne didnt go away.
Tried countless face washes, creams, and medicated success.
Please help...should i visit another dermatologist or is there another professional that would be able to help me?

and what exactly does a dermatologist do?
do they draw blood? prescribe only meds etc?

Dear Nas
Dermatologists can draw blood, prescribe medication and diagnose - specifically in skin diseases. I won't do harm to get a second opinion from another dermatologist - you may need to go on to low dose antibiotics for a few months