Posted by: AcneSad | 2009-03-06

Acne Treatment

I' m 22 years old and I suffer from acne on my face. I have tried hormone treatments - they didn' t work. I tried increasing my intake of Cod Liver oil, Lecithin and zinc, but it only reduces the acne slightly for as long as I take the pills. I' ve tried prescription topical creams and I went on Roaccutane and ended up in hospital with Roaccutane toxicity.
The doctors can' t help and I' ve been told that it will get better as I age and have children. I find this unacceptable. It' s making me miserable. I can' t afford any more expensive treatments so laser treatment will be difficult.
Please help! What can I do?

Thank you for visiting

Have you tried Differen topical treatment, as well as a low dose of minocyclin 50mg, once a day? This combination is rather save and effective. If you have not yet used these products, ask your doctor for a prescription. This is a long term treatment and might make a difference.