Posted by: Mike | 2009-01-27

Acne scars

Hi, I have a few acne scars on my face that I want removed. What is the best treatment for this....please give me names and brands of any creams or even home remedies I can use to get rid of these scars.

Also ive been coughing out yellow phlegm for the past few months every morning, everytime i go to the doc he just gives me antibiotics and says its my sinus and theres no real solution to the problem exept to minimize irratants that affect your sinus (eg no aircon/fan/pets etc). What else could this constant yellow phlegm that i cough out mean? Could it be a more serious medical condition that i have beyong just sinusitis?

Dear Mike
No creams will remove acne scars. Please make an appointment with a dermatologist - you may need to have laser treatment or a chemical peel to remove the superficial layer of skin.
You may have a chronic sinusitis or bronchitis, do you smoke? Maybe you should get a second opinion from an ENT specialist - there are ways to keep the allergies under control and prevent these infections. First you have to find the root of the problem, you may have a problem with a skew nose septum or sinuses that do not drain properly.
dr Bets

Posted by: T | 2009-01-28

Microdermabrasion works (Plasecol Clinic). I had awful acne scarring and went for microdermabrasion and it took the discolouring away. Unfortunately, if there are deep scars, then there is nothing much one can do for that. Microdermabrasion also makes your pores smaller. Remember to always use sunscreen (preferably 30 or higher) and put this on every 30 minutes or so when you are in the sun. The sun makes the discolouring worse of the scars.
Good luck.

Reply to T