Posted by: sarah | 2009-04-07

acne scarring

I suffered from acne one year ago and as a result i have red ice pick scarring around my mouth and on my forehead. Will neostrata glycolic acid peels and ipl ellipse help fo this and how many treatments will be neccisary?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Sarah, thank you for the question.

The treatment protocol for ice pick scarring is dependent on the depth of the scars. As a general rule mild depth scars will respond to superficial peels and skin rejuvenation with IPL. A total of 5 IPL treatments would be necessary and anywhere between 6 to 8 peels would need to be performed for visible results. Medium and deep scarring will need more ablative technology such as laser (Fraxel: 3 to 6 sessions; Lumenis Ultrapulse FX: 1 to 2 sessions) or Syneron’s Matrix RF (1 to 3 sessions).