Question
Posted by: Lady D | 2011-05-13

Acne Problem

I''m 34 yrs, have had acne since my teens but doctors refuse to prescribed me a Roccutane saying its not severe and yet all the treatments I try never work. I adapted a three-step face cleaning since I was 20 yrs old, have done chemical peels treatments but still no positive results. This is killing me (self confidence is zero, I cant even get a partner) I''m a successful woman but this acne just diminishes all that.

Can you help?

I suggest that you get a second opinion from a dermatologist. Roaccutane is reserved for severe acne but there are alternative oral antibiotics over a long period of time with good results.

1
Posted by: Maria | 2011-05-16

There are different of treatment in pill form: antibiotics, hormone pill (birth control), zinc and roaccutane. Have you tried the first two? Have you seen a dermatologist? And have you seen a gynae to be checked for cysts? I''m 39, still have mild outbreaks of acne but can now control it using Zinplex. However from my late teens to early thirties the only pill that reliably cleared my skin was Roaccutane. A good dermatologist will take into account both the causes and the psychological effect of your acne and prescribe medication accordingly.

Reply to Maria