Question
Posted by: MACY | 2010/04/21

ACNE PROBLEM

hI
Is there any best treatment in form of lotions or creams for acne. I have treated varous products ans they do not seem to work . please let me know if there is anything trustworth on the market. I really feel frustrated when i can not treat and clear my face , it feels like i just do not care in other people''s mind. PLEASE HELP. And much can this cost.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Macy

Most of the over-the-counter products are similar in action. I'd therefore suggest consulting your doctor for a script for something different - There are multiple options form topical/oral isotretinoin to oral/topical antibiotics and even specific types of oral contraceptives to correct ormone imbalance.

All the best!

3
Posted by: vivi | 2010/04/22

hi

I also suffered a lot from acne, until I tried Environ products ( they have helped me a lot.

Reply to vivi
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/04/22

Hi Macy

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist
Posted by: Nadine | 2010/04/21

I sympathise because have had the same problem for years and the thing that finally worked was pre-tycin soap and Illotycin Solution (you must have a script though). The Dermatologist also put me onto a mild antibiotic Doxycyl for six months which helps prevent the infections in the blocked pores which cause the pimples. So maybe you should see your GP and ask for the above. Worked for me! Really worthwhile giving it a try! The only downfall is that the Illotycin Solution dries out your skin quite badly so I used it at night and Vita E skin Lotion in the morning (blue and white bottle). (Specifically the lotion because it''s not oily like the cream and the vitamin E helps restore the skin). All the best!

Reply to Nadine