Posted by: Janks | 2012-03-20

Acne on 20

Hey. I have a problem with my skin.I get acne break outs, not all over my face, just on my forehead, chin, and on the sides of my face like just above my jaw. I have been on Purbac. it worked a little for a while, but then it stopped working.I have also been on Tetralysal. For a month or so. I didn''t make my skin better..I am 20 and I don''t know why my skin won''t get better. I am quite healthy. I eat fruit and vegetable everyday. I drink my 8 glasses of water a day. I even drink green tea. I don''t eat a lot of sweets. I weigh 48kg. So I am not fat. I don''t get it. And I don''t want to go on Reaccutane and also not on the pill. Because of the side effects. What is your advice to me..I am already taking cod liver oil and Zinplex (with vit A) pills.

I suggest that you consult a dermatologist for an examination to have your acne graded. Treatment can be prescribed according to the findings. If this is not an option, you can try Skinoren gel used to treat mild to moderate acne. You will however, need a prescription from your doctor. You can also consider IPL (Intense Pulse Light) treatment, as this is very effective in the treatment of acne.