Posted by: lira | 2009-03-25

Last nite my heart was broken when my Father said to me"  did you see that acne in your face.just sort it out its just not pleasing"  without even looking at me.I' ve tried all sort and patient with them until that product its all finished and follow the instruction carefully but i' m not getting nowhere.Im getting frustrated now. I look at the web but most of what i see are overseas Dr' s. I' ve lost my confidence at all.I' m tired and wish to die but im not gonna kill myself thou. HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lira, thank you for the question.

Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the acne, grade the extent of the acne, and advise you on the best treatment options.

With the medication and treatment options available today almost 100% of acne sufferers do manage to clear their skins. It is important to remember the following:
Do not pick or squeeze the acne
Gently wash the face twice daily, do not rub aggressively or use exfoliating scrubs or brushes
Use oil free topical products only including your makeup and sun protection
Avoid the sun as much as possible
You can log onto my webpage and under the Resources Tab click on Acne and Skin Classification. From there go through the different grades (visually aided) and decide which acne grade you are. From there one can check the exact treatment recommended for your type of acne.

Posted by: debbie | 2009-03-25

Hello. I am a mother with a son who has acne problem. Last year I had a dream that came true. I dreamt somebody telling me to tell my son to drink lots of waterlike 2litres a day. I told him, he followed my advise religiously and the acne cleared. And when he stopped it came back again. He is 16 and loves sweets and choc and he is not taking water now because it makes him visit the toilet often. But water works, I saw it helping my son, who wanted to be free from the problem in preparation for my sisters wedding.

Reply to debbie