Posted by: GENA | 2009-02-10

Acne Breakout

About 2 weeks ago i got a sudden breakout of Acne al over my face, the back of my neck and m upper back. What could cause this and what can i use for it.

Hi Gena
You did not give your age, in younger people this can be caused by stress, hormonal cycle(just before menstruation) smoking, cosmetics, but adults it can be caused by hormonal disturbances ( abnormal high androgens) . You can use an antiseptic wash, and start off by using benzoylperoxide. If it does not improve, you may have to use topical antibiotics or a low dose oral antibiotic - for this you will need a prescription. If you are female and have other symptoms like hairyness or excessive menstruation, you may need futher investigations like sonar of the ovaries.

Posted by: gena | 2009-02-10

To add to my 1 st question .

I used an Oral Contraceptive MIRELLE but stopd using it the 1st of January 2009, could this be the cause of my Acne outbreak.

Reply to gena