Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-10-30

Acne and PCOS

Hi i dont know if reflexology can help with mild acne and exsessive hair for some1 that has PCOS, my gynae told me that people that have polysistic ovaries these r prevelent.
what sort of treatments can reflexology offer to have good clear skin.

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Dear Anon

LN has answered you email - apologies about my late response ...
If there is anything else .... let me know.

Regards,
Stella

2
Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-25

Thank you LN
I will try find a relexologist in my area

Posted by: LN | 2009-11-14

Dear Anon

( As the usual reflexology expert appears " absent" , I you don' t mind me answering)

In patients PCOS, acne and hirrsutism (ecessive hair growth) are quite common.
both are related to hormonal abnormalities i.e excessive androgen production and sometimes accompanied by low thyroid hormone.
A reflexologist will thus first detoxify the liver and kidney system (to normalise hormone metabolism and excretion) followed by rebalancing the endocrine system including the thyroid and adtrenal glands.
Diet changes to limit exogenous hormone-treated foods will also be recommended.
As PCOS most often have a stress related component, stress reduction techniques and treatments will also be provided. Remember too that PCOS is a hereditary condition too. This means that in these cases management of the symptoms will be the core of the treatment.

Thus, it is important to have a full assessment first so that a proper treatment protocol can be administered.

Hope that the above info is of assistance

LN

Reply to LN