Question
Posted by: Jocelyn | 2012-05-08

Acne

Just want to find out how i go about getting roacutane for my face. im 27 years old - and have been suffering since high school. I have tried every single product on the market (face washes etc...) except for the tablet. Im not on medical aid, what is the cost of this/ how would i get it?

Please help  i need a clear skin for my wedding day :)
I see on the health 24 website  there is product called Zinplex - i have a very oily skin  seems to me that all products just dont agree - oliy but sensitive.

Would really appreciate your response

Jocelyn

You will have to consult a dermatologist. Roaccutane have to be administered under strict medical observation. Roaccutane can be costly but can be very effective and you can achieve great results.

5
Posted by: Jocelyn | 2012-05-09

Thanks Doc. Its not that bad, but somedays it is....i will go to the doc and see what he says....

Thanks :)

Reply to Jocelyn
Posted by: Jocelyn | 2012-05-09

Thanks for the advise Zee &  Romany.... i have really been struggling  but will definately get the antibiotic and the vitamins.... Much Much appreciated....

Reply to Jocelyn
Posted by: Romany | 2012-05-09

Oh yes, one more thing... ZIMPLEX works wonders !!!! Get the concentrated one (White bottle with orange lable)

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Romany | 2012-05-09

Any GP can give you a script for Roacutane.
However, like Zee says.... it gets a lot worse before it gets better.
Go to the GP, he will give you an antibiotic and a GEL for your skin. Then use Cetaphil facewash.
Leave all your other products whileworking on the Acne problem.
Lots and lots and ots of water. Also get large dosis of Vit E, B, C and D, Olmega 3, 6 and 9. I assume you are on the pill? If not, it is a good idea to go on as the pill also helps with the hormones.
and above all RELAX. Stressing about the wedding and your skin will only make it worse.
Good Luck

Reply to Romany
Posted by: zee | 2012-05-09

dont use ro accutane if you want immediate results. It first gets worse before it improves. and you cannot have any kids or attempt to 3 months after treatment. its also not guaranteed. speak to a dermatologist ....no other doctor can give you the prescription. Its a schedule 5.

good luck

Reply to zee