Question
Posted by: DW | 2009-08-31

Acne

Hi Dr,

I' m a 24 y/o guy, I have mild acne on my face and back. I have had this since my teens and really can' t deal with it anymore. I was recently on a 2 week course of pulmison for sinus infection. This really cleared my skin up - as if I never had acne. It obviously came back after the pulmison was finished. I really want a permanent fix now. Do the acne antibiotics solve the problem or Would roaccutane be a better option?Would a doctor prescribe it for someone with mild acne? Do I have to go to a dermatologist or would my GP be a better option?

DW

Hallo DW
You can start off by going to your GP - a topical antibiotic lotion or low dose oral antibiotics with something like Benzac AC will be the choice of treatment to start of with. Roaccutane is for severe acne, as it has unpleasant side effects

1
Posted by: paul | 2009-09-01

you can try acne meds like Light(Purbac DS) Mild(Cyclimisan) Strong Roaccutane. If you use a GP, I sugest that you use one that is welll know. A dermatolagist is always best when strong meds are involved. He can asses your skin more accurate, as this is his field of knowledge.

I have used all the above and can help you with products to help better their results.

Cantact me if you need help: paul(at)youhavemail.co.za

Reply to paul