Question
Posted by: Tayles | 2009/08/22

Acne

My 15 year old daughter has quite bad acne and the doctor put her on Ginette in January it has helped a bit but she still has break-outs. What really concerns me is that she has gained a lot of weight recently. What do you suggest?

Tayles

The Ginette can cause weight gain, due to the stimulation of appetite. She can either increase her daily exercise and reduce her calorie intake to loose weight or stop taking the Ginette and ask your doctor to prescribe Differen Gel or a three month course of Minocyclin (anti-biotics), used in conjunction with Skinoren Gel.