Posted by: Pinky | 2009-04-09

I am 27 years old. From my teens I have been struggling with acne. When I was 16 a clinic sister put me on ovral 28, for the acne, but this did not work, I used it for about 4years. For the past 2 years I have not been using any contraceptive, because I am trying to fall pregnant, last year I went to a dermatologist, he then said that I should use Acnetane, but I have not started using it. I have tried everything I can buy over the counter, my GP also prescribed Cyclamicen antibiotics as well as Diferen gel, but this also didn' t work. Nothing, nothing works and I am so frustrated and ashamed of my face. I don' t use any make-up, just mascara, because I am scared it would block my pores. I' m really desperate??

Dear Pinky
If you have tried all the topical medications and used oral antibiotics, the next step would be Acnetane or Roaccutane, but this can cause serious growth abnormalities and disability in a baby if you fall pregnant, so you MUST use contraceptives when using this.

Have you tried benzoyl peroxide like BENZAC and a topical antibiotic like Dalacin T yet?