Question
Posted by: JS | 2009-02-18

Acne

Dear Cyber doc

I have been using Zinplex since January and am still battling terribly with acne. It is particularly on the lower chin area.

The only other medication I am on currently is Cypralex. I ve tried so many skincare products, and most expensive ones, but it has lately just started to increase badly.

I am currently using Oatmeals Facial wash/scrub and toner. As a moisturiser, just using Nivea for face. Am also not taking any contracptive and trying to mainting a healthy diet. Also do drink about 2 x 750ml water per day.

Would appreciate your advice

Hallo JS
You may need to go over to the next step which is using a topical antibiotic lotion or a low dose antbiotic twice a day for a few months. Females may also benefit by using Diane which is a hormonal treatment. You will need prescriptions for these so discuss with your GP