Question
Posted by: ash | 2008/07/16

acne

Hi Doc, need your advice. I have been on Ro-accutane twice, the first time i had mild acne(mainly blackheads) so my doctor prescribed me to take one tablet 3 times a week, it cleared up wonderfully. The second time was about 6-8 months after the first dosage and my acne came back. So my doctor prescribed me the full dosage of one tablet a day for 3 months. This however did not work at all, my skin cleared up only slightly and now is worse than ever. Could the roaccutane have made my skin worse? or could there be another cause?

Dear Ash
No Roaccutane would not have worsened it overall, although in the beginning the acne can get worse before getting better. I think you should see a dermatologist as your dosage may not be sufficient.