Question
Posted by: phillip | 2010/02/24

acking knees and legs at night

I ‘ am 27 and my ankles, knees and elbows pain at night, mainly my knees. When I move my legs around in bed the pain seems to subside. It was worst before, until I began to drink at least 2 glasses of milk each night before bedtime. Now it only happens about 2 to 3 times a month and usually at the same time. I could have understood this if I was a female but I’ m not. I know I am 25kg under weight and have poor eating habits and therefore decided to take calcium tablets. I also found that when I’ m taking pills for allergies the pain and restless legs seems to be more occurring. My feet and hands also get swollen during the night and are then very tender, especially when we have hot temperatures. I suffer usually from cold feet but when I have pain in my knees and feet they are very warm. I also get inflammation in my joints in the winter  the Dr has given me cortisone for this and it worked. But it just reappears the next winter. My joints will get swollen and pain during movement of the joints, its red and hard at night but watery and saggy during the day. The Dr Suspect it may be a kind of a tissue disease. I feel this all may have some connection and fear it may be caused by something more severe. Please advise me since I’ m done going for blood works.

Hallo Philip
I agree that you should be going for more blood tests to exclude auto immune diseases, and your blood calcium, iron, phosphate and Magnesium should also be checked. I would also do an x/ray of the joints most commonly affected. For the time being, using panado and a hot water bottle on a sore joint during the night usually works - try it?
Why are you so underweight - is it only diet related? Maybe you should also see a dietician to help you improve your nutritional intake.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/24

Hallo Philip

Reply to cyberdoc