Question
Posted by: Saleshnee | 2009/11/11

Acidity

My son is 15yrs old, he has very bad eating habits, He fell sick and I took him to the dr, hewas diagnosed with acidiy and reflux. He is currently under medication. He is also nauseas. He also complains of pain down the middle of his chest. Do I need to worry and his there a supplement he can take to prevent this from happening again.

Hallo Saleshnee
The pain in the chest and nausea could be due to reflux and inflammation of the stomach lining (gastritis). Try to ensure that he eats smaller meals more often and that he eats enough fruits and vegetables ( 3 portions each per day), protein (about 60-100 g per day) - low fat meat, complex carbohydrates 4-6 portions per day and some dairy products. There aren't any supplements he can take to prevent reflux or gastritis, but he needs to take the medication the doctor prescribed for reflux.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/11

Hallo Saleshnee

Reply to cyberdoc