Question
Posted by: Daniella | 2009/10/05

Acidic foods are killing me!

Dear Dr Bets,

I have constant problems with my stomach - lactose intolerant, frequent diarrhea, bloating and stomach cramps (without lactose in diet).
Now I have the added symptoms of severe stomach craps when I' ve eaten Pineapple and tomatoes. Is this serious or just more food intolerance IBS issues?

Thanks so much for all your help,
Daniella

Hallo Daniella
I think you should see a gastro enterologist - you may have gastritis ( inflammation of the stomach lining) or a problem of the lining of the small bowel. IBS is a disease of exclusion, meaning that they have to exclude all other possible causes before it can be labled as IBS.