Question
Posted by: yolandi | 2011/05/06

acid smelling urine

Good day, I have very bad acid smelling urine for about 3-4 months now ongoing, I had it previously but never this long, I have tried drinking alot of water, citrosoda, cranberry juice and puricos 300mg, but nothing seems to work, the puricos helps with the pain I get in my joints mostly my arms, and as soon as I stop the puricos I get very bad lower back pain in my kidney area I feel off and sick. I did have urinary tract infection a while back aswell but used all the antibiotics. But still my urine smells bad, and I get bloted. Why is this and what can I do to get this sorted out? and is this serious???

You don't say whether or not you ahve seen a doctor. As the medicines you have tried have not helped, your next step would be to see a doctor for further tests.

3
Posted by: yolandi | 2011/05/09

I have spoken to my gp and he said its normal? He did not do any tests.

Reply to yolandi

Posted by: Cleo | 2011/05/07

Sounds like you have an infection again. Visit your doc so they can run some tests. It is not advisable to put this off too long - or so my doc said when I had UTI some years back

Reply to Cleo