Posted by: yolandi | 2011-05-06

acid smelling urine

Good day, I have very bad acid smelling urine for about 3-4 months now ongoing, I had it previously but never this long, I have tried drinking alot of water, citrosoda, cranberry juice and puricos 300mg, but nothing seems to work, the puricos helps with the pain I get in my joints mostly my arms, and as soon as I stop the puricos I get very bad lower back pain in my kidney area I feel off and sick. I did have urinary tract infection a while back aswell but used all the antibiotics. But still my urine smells bad. Why is this and what can I do to get this sorted out? and is this serious???

I am not sure what the exact cause is for your acid smelling urine and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for a urine analysis. I also suggest that your doctor analyse the amount of uric acid in your blood to establish if your gout is treated optimally.