Question
Posted by: Fern | 2010/10/26

Acid Reflux - using Topzole

I have noticed that ever since I started taking Topzole - 40mg, I have started to lose alot of hair.
My hair is thinning mostly on top in front but lately it has become worse. I am also a type 2 diabetic, have high blood pressure and an underactive thyroid.

I am using Nu-hair placenta spray to see if this is going to help but I am at a loss of what to do regarding my hair loss, and I am wondering if I should stop taking the topzole and consult the specialist who prescribed them to me.

Fern

Hallo Fern
Topzole is not known to cause hairloss. It could however be caused by your thyroid problem. Try Minoxidil lotion for the hair loss - but you will need a prescription.
dr Bets

7
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/12/09

What is Topzole prescribe for then?

Posted by: Verna | 2014/10/13

Hello... URGENT... ive noticed blistering itchy spots on my hands, arms and body since ivw atarted using Topzole. What can i use to stop the itchy blistering and red bumps. Works wonders for my reflux though

Reply to Verna
Posted by: Thembaz | 2014/04/17

Hi, My father was prescribed topzole 40mg tablets for acid reflux problem by a Dr, we have since noticed that he looses his memory after a couple minutes having taken his dose before eating. Hence he has learnt to go straight to bed when he starts loosing memory and he gets back to normal after a couple hours. This is the third month since he has started taking Topzole. Is this a known side effect? He is 83yrs of age. Thank you,

Reply to Thembaz | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: billy | 2015/12/02

new topzole user

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/09/10

I have also experienced hair loss while using topzole . Weight gain , as well as fatigue . My thyroid functions have been tested and are normal .

Posted by: Mervyco | 2013/04/02

On a couple of other sites people are complaining that Topzole causes hair loss. This is a typical case of Doctors not looking at the patient but at what is in in the Mims or BNP. I did it for far too long so I am accepting blame for that too.

Reply to Mervyco
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/26

Hallo Fern
dr Bets