Question
Posted by: Nicole | 2012-07-05

Acid Reflux Constantly!

Hi Doc. Let me explain my situation. Ok some time back I had a tummy bug which turned out to be similar to a gastric flu which was goin around at the time. I had the vomiting &  the constant bowl movements. I didnt take any medication or anti biotics, it eventually went away. Then last Friday the feeling of indigestion kept commin up like there was contact vomit in my throat. Anyways I went to the pharmacy, pharmacist explained to me that i should change my eatin patterns, &  the time &  allow myself 2 hours before i could sleep. He also said that it could be that my stomach lining is swollen &  he gave me a pack of Bevipas which he said will help. Im currently on it &  there it does seem to be helpin but that swful feeling of vomit at the end of my esophagus still lingers &  its very uncomfortable. The 1 change i did notice was that wen i puked last night it was a very " Normal"  kind of puke, it was also very smooth. Prior to me takin these pills, everytime i puked it was large pieces of what i assume is undigested food chuniks. Anyways I am so sick of takin pills &  laodin my body with this pill &  that, i just want to know if theres some sort of surgery i need bcoz this is becommin to uncomfortable for me to even live life with this feeling. Its like theres always acid waitin to come up. I changed everything, my diet, less acid, no cooldrinks, eat early. Im really lost here. Plez help.

Nicole

I suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy, to determine the exact cause for your symptoms. It is possible that you have inflammation in the lining of the stomach or oesophagus, which can be treated with medication and that you might not need surgery.

2
Posted by: Nicole | 2012-07-09

Hi there, Thanx Doc. I actually have to book my appointment to have an endo done hopefully by next week. Also thanks to Anne, i have changed all of my eating habbits &  it still came back so GP told me i need to have a scope done ASAP to find the problem. Hope I get a booking soon, cant go on in this discomfort. Thanks for the kind words, it made me feel better haha :-)

Reply to Nicole
Posted by: Anne | 2012-07-06

You could have an ulcer - Topzole could help take one an hour before eating.
Avoid coffee and acidic foods. Drink more water and eat small meals more often. Not large meals.
Keep a food diary and see what foods make you feel worse.

I got an ulcer after taking anti inflamatories and after a scope was told I have a very sensitive stomach so I am really careful now what I take. Also avoid alcohol and spicy food/oil food.

Eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies :)

Good luck and hope you feel better. Hope you get an appointment son with the gastro doc.

Reply to Anne