Posted by: Concerned daughter | 2009-01-28

Acid build up, can' t eat anything really

My dad (his 63) has a problem with acidity. It seems that everything that he is eating is causing acid. He cannot eat cereal, bread, vegetables, meat, fish, chicken, basically anything, then he feels ill. He has been using Gaviscon everyday for the past few months to help, but I' m concerned because surely you can' t " live"  on Gaviscon. He says that he also expereinces pain in his muscles and over his back and this morning his vision was blurred (this is after having All bran flakes) and he could hardly see when he drove to work. I' m really worried please help.

Dear Concerned daughter
Your father may have symptoms of diabetes and a peptic ulcer - he should rather see a doctor. He may need to have a gastroscopy examination and some blood tests.