Posted by: Nats | 2009-02-23

ACid Build up

Hi there, plse help. My husband visited the doctor last year beacuse he experienced a lameness from his shoulder into his arm and over his chest , but all on the left side. He also said it felt like the blood was rushing to his head and his face and lips were tinkling. Anway they diagnosed that he had an acid build up. He has medication, it did not happen for a long time, but then last night he sort of had the same symtpons with his left upper side. Could you possibly give me more info, or is there any food and drinks he must prevent ? He is very active , he cycles to and from work thats about 20km' s everyday. I' d appreciate more info. Thanks again.

Hallo Nats
Rather let him go for a follow up with the doctor again, to check his blood acid levels, check his heart with an ECG and also check his blood pressure. I don't think this is due to food or drink, but he may lose electrolytes when cycling long distances in the heat and he may need supplementation - this one can pick up with a UKE bloodtest.