Posted by: Lee | 2010-09-21

Aching joints

Hi I have been practicing Hatha yoga for 2 years and love it!! i am really flexible and am able to do most poses with ease.
however in the last 2 weeks i have been struugling with bone pain.
in down dog my wrists ache and when on my knees they are terribly painful. Even in relaxation poses while on my back my vertebrate start to ache after a while.

is there something wrong with the way i am doing the poses ot could it be medical? I have suddenly gained 5 kg (medicines ) in about 6 weeks - could this be the cause?

any advice would be greatly appreciated as I love yoga and would hate to stop due to this?

Lee Anne

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Hi Lee
It could be that the extra weight is causing the discomfort, but if it gets worse, please see a doctor. I can't really make a comment as I don't know which meds you are taking to make you gain weight- discuss this with your doctor