Posted by: Lee | 2010-09-21

Aching joints

Hi I have been practicing Hatha yoga for 2 years and love it!! i am really flexible and am able to do most poses with ease.
however in the last 2 weeks i have been struugling with bone pain.
in down dog my wrists ache and when on my knees they are terribly painful. Even in relaxation poses while on my back my vertebrate start to ache after a while.

is there something wrong with the way i am doing the poses ot could it be medical? I have suddenly gained 5 kg (medicines ) in about 6 weeks - could this be the cause?

any advice would be greatly appreciated as I love yoga and would hate to stop due to this?

Lee Anne

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Weight increase and the food you eat is very often a contributing factor!!! Exercise is important - walking a specific 20 minutes (2 kms) every day will help a great deal too.
No harm in a visit to your chiropractor - sound advice after an examination and if necessary appropriate treatment.