Question
Posted by: Lynn | 2010/01/26

Aching hip joint

I am a healthy, fairly fit, 47 year old. Please could you advise who I should see about an acheing hip joint. My body aches when I wake up in the morning and on climbing stairs my joint and thigh ache - and even when walking on flat ground. Decending the stairs does not cause pain. Have been to chiropractor for 3 sessions, but still the pain continues. Is this a joint or bone problem? Many thanks.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Lynn
A rheumatologist or a specialist with an interest in rheumatology would be best. Ask your GP to refer you