Posted by: Anon | 2010-12-03

aching forearms

hi doc

I''m 22 &  every morning i wake up with one or both aching forearms and travelling to my shoulders. The pain is intense, like my blood is on fire in my arms or my bones are aching. i also get occasional pain between my shoulder blades as well. I''ve had this for about two weeks. It happens most mornings, sometimes the pain gets so terrible i feel like i need to chop my arms off.I take pain killers often. My posture is not that great, could it have something to do with that? I try desperately to sprawl myself out before i sleep in case my posture has something to do with it. Also i''ve noticed that my finger-tips often go numb, especially when i lift my hands for some time. I really don''t know whats going on please help. I''m on meds for depression, wellbutrin, lamitor and paxil& mdash -in case that has something to do with anything...

Your symptoms are due to nerve irritation. You will have to consult your doctor for x-rays and tests to establish where the nerve is irritated. Irritation is usually due to compression of a nerve. There are specialised tests that can help to establish the cause of your neuropathic pain.