Question
Posted by: Mel | 2011-09-02

Aching bones

Family background
My mom started with arthritis and then was also later diagnosed with osteoperosis - she takes Fosamax and has had 2 hip replacements and a repair op.
My problem
I am 44, female. I am really battling with aching legs - my ankles and hips are very sore and stiff on waking. The rest of the day seems ok. late afternoon my ankles are very sore again after been on my feet a lot.
Is there something I can start taking that can assist with this and hopefully prevent long term effects like my mom. I have recently started taking base powder

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Mel
Osteo-arthritis is the wear and tear changes we experience as we age and it does seem to run in families as does osteoporosis. To curb the effects of arthritis you need to stay as active as possible, maintain a normal weight and follow a healthy diet. To guard against osteoporosis- exercise like walking 3x week, ensure a daily intake of 1000mg calcium, don't smoke, drink alcohol moderately and also take vit D 800IU/day.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2011-09-19

Dear Mel

Reply to Healthy Bones