Question
Posted by: achilles peritendinitus | 2010/04/13

ACHILLES PARATENON

GOOD DAY. COULD YOU TELL ME WHY ONE WOULD GET CHRONIC INFLAMATION IN THE ACHILLES PARATENON. STRUGGLE FOR 2 YEARS. TRIED 4 DIFFERENT TYPES OF RUNNING SHOES AND 3 DIFFERENT ORTHOTICS. ENDED UP WITH ACHILLES SINOVECTOMY SURGERY AND ARE RECOVERING.

NEED TO KNOW WHAT SHOULD I TRY DIFFERENTLY WHEN GOING BACK TO MY RUNNING NOT TO END UP WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. DO GET INFLAMATION ON BOTH ACHILLES BUT THE RIGHT SIDE IS WORST. SPEND THOUSANDS OF RAND TO GET IS SORTED OUT AND ARE REALY CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED.

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Hello
It sounds like you have definately been through the mill. I can only answer from a reflexology and meridian therapy point of view.
The achilles we would relate to the kidney/bladder meridian - which includes you sodium potassium balance and diet. The achilles being a tendon - it also falls under the liver meridian - where diet would be very important too.

If you are wanting to go the reflex route - I would suggest you find a therapist close to you - this website could help; www.vacuflex.com
Click on therapists and then your area.
I would suggest that you find a therapist that does magnetic therapy too - to help you recover speedily.
The therapist will give you treatments that will clear your meridian pathways and wil help your body heal itself. With a recurring problem it is obvious that your meridians are congested and even though you are doing something about the symptom the cause remains in your body and therefore wil re occur everytime.

I hope the above makes sense. You are welcomed to contact one of the therapist so that we can be more specific and answer any questions you may have. Otherwise you are welcomed to post your questions on this site too.

Many regards,
Stella K
:-)