Posted by: marleyu | 2013-02-13

Achilles Heels

I`ve got Achilles tendious on both my heels. I`m geeting Physio for that and it does help for the pain. Lately I`m expierencing pain in my hamstring and calf area whicj makes walking difficult and painful. Could this be as a result of my Achilles???

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Thank you for your e-mail, yes it could definatley all be linked. It is important when a condition is treated that the entire leg is assessed and not only the affected area treated. Are you a runner or how did the injury occur? I would suggest that you consult with a podiatrist (with a special interest in biomechanics) that would assess your gait and shoewear. Often conditions/ symptoms like the above could involve treatment from a podiatrist, chiropractor, physiotherapist and biokinetisist. For your nearest podiatrist contact PASA or 0861 100 249