Question
Posted by: bee | 2010-10-25

aches and pains- what is normal

I am 58. I believe I am menopaused. I am not sickly, but the number of aches and short-lived pains of all sorts appearing in my body these days really surprises me. I can understand pain in the site of an old injury- eg. once I twisted my knee and nowadays it aches whenever i use it much. I don''t understand the sudden severe pains that appear in my back, my abdomen, my chest, my head, in places that I can''t blame on anything. These pains come and go completely randomly. They leave me feeling quite drained. Are they normal for a woman my age? I had a thorough annual checkup just a few months ago and nothing abnormal showed up. I didn''t think of mentioning the pains then.

Hallo Bee
It is not "normal" to have pains all over - try to identify if it is muscle related or in the small joints or cramps. It could be caused by high uric acid levels, low magnesium or potassium levels, fibromialgia or fibrositis. Discuss with your doctor as he may want to do blood tests that are not normally done as part of an annual checkup

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-10-26

Hallo Bee