Posted by: Annie | 2011-09-05

Aches and pains

Dear Doc
I woke up about 1 month ago with a stiff neck. I assumed that I slept " wrong"  as this has happened before.
Since then my neck and shoulder has been painfull. The pain has spead to my legs and I now get out of bed like an old person. ... shuffeling the first couple of steps until I can straighten out. Some mornngs I wake up " locked" , if that makes any sense and I needto roll out of bed. The pain in the legs and joints are there all the time, some times worse than other times. The pain is similar to that one will get when you have excersised too much.
I have a good, firm bed. I did not do anything out of the ordinary like excersise etc. I am 50.
Do you have any idea what can be causing this? I feel so stupidto go to a dr as I am not really sick apart from the pains and aches.

Voltaren seems to help.

You will have to consult your doctor for an examination to determine the cause for your pain and stiffness of your muscles. There must be a cause for the sudden onset of your symptoms and inflammation of your muscles. There are disease processes that can cause your symptoms, especially muscle inflammation.

You can consult a physiotherapist for treatment of your muscle stiffness. Ask your pharmacist for Robaxin 750mg tablets, as well as Voltaren tablets.