Question
Posted by: Anne | 2010/03/10

ache

I suffer for GAD and have a constant ache at the back of my neck just under where the skull ends. What area is this? I am on antidepressants but still have anxiety. Thanks for you help.

Its not a special area, just one of the many parts of the body where one may feel pain or aching as a result of the chronic muscle tensions that can be associated with GAD, though of course there can also be entirely unrelated physical causes such as arthritis in the joints there. If the anxiety is still there, maybe you can be referrdd to a shrink who can provide CBT therapy to help you gain more control over your symptoms and anxiety

1