Question
Posted by: DEE | 2010/06/03

ACENETANE MEDICATION

DEAR DR
I WENT TO SEE A DERMERTOLOGIST HE TOLD ME TO GO ON ACENETANE FOR 5 MONTHS AND ONLY AFTER A YEAR THEY WILL BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH THE SCARRING OF THE ACENE
HE ALSO SAID I MUST USE XERODERM SPF 34
DO YOU KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD PRODUCT
AS I AM CURRENTLY USING ENVIRON FACEWASH AND ALPHA DAY LOTION ALONG WITH THE ORIGINAL MOISTURE GEL AND NIGHT CREAM
CAN I USE THE XERODERM OVER ALL THIS OR WITH THIS

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Dee, thank you for the question.

The dermatologist is 100% correct in that the acne needs to be controlled before the pigmentation and scarring is addressed and under control. The reason he has suggested this is that new scarring should not be treated until 12 months have passed is that the scarring may heal by itself during this time period. Xeroderm is safe to use with your other topicals but one may consider adding a topical depigmenting regime such as NeoStrata’s Brightening Cream (during the day) and Pigment Lightening Gel (at night) and one may consider light/superficial glycolic acid peels every 4 to 6 weeks as this will further improve the acne. If you are taking Roaccutane or Accutane then one can’t do the peels.

5
Posted by: luyanda | 2016/05/26

Hey Dr I'm using acenetane 20gm it's seem to be working tho my Dr said I should wash my face with lux soap and apply aqueous cream for my face and use sun screen for when I'm out doors so I would like to know if those products work well with my treatment

Reply to luyanda
Posted by: luyanda | 2016/05/26

Reply to luyanda
Posted by: luyanda | 2016/05/26

Reply to luyanda
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/10

Dear Doctor I'm a sixteen year old girl and my docter prescribed Acnetane 20mg for me i have not been using it for very long and i have been feeling nausea earlyin the mornings could it be a side affect of the Acnetane

Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/06/12

Hi Dee, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert