Posted by: Madeleine | 2012-03-28

Accutance or Reaccutane

Day starting Accutane –  Generic South Africa –  Re-acutane -29 December 2011

My Son had an Acne and on 26 December 2011 we started hin on Re-acutane (south Africa), since being on Accutance all went down hill.

He has been hospitalized for an week 13 to 20 January 2012, he had his skin drained 2 weeks after that 2 February 2012- all the time the doctors did not test him for allergic reaction

I never in my life thought he was allergic to accutane, this is a drug from hell as I started him on accutane again on Saturday 03 March 2012 still not knowing he is allergic he started having new hives on his skin after I started him on it, last night the 08 March 2012 was the first time I really considered him being allergic to accutane

This drug has affected my son physically and Mentally as he took it really bad –  he is too shy to walk without an t-shirt

Regarding Accutane and my Son, I am truly sad that he had this outcome on the medication and that not one doctor in South Africa picked up he was allergic, I think that there must a written warning on the packet –  and that blood test for allergic reactions beforehand should be done!!!!!!

As an alternative, you can consult a dermatologist for Intense Pulse Light therapy. This is non-invasive treatment and has been proven to be very successful in the treatment of acne.

Posted by: Schalk | 2012-03-29

I used Reaccutane when I was in school about 16 years ago. I remembered that the docters did multiple tests on me before they prescribed it, I know one of the tests was a liver test as this has a big impact on liver if used to long or with a liver condition, another thing he warned me about is being out in the sun, the medication makes your skin very sensitive for direct sunlight and you can burn easily. I never had a problem with the sun and living in the bushveld, where in the sun all the time, but when can concurr with the warning as I started to burn red very easily while using the pills. I must add, of all the things I tried and tested, Reaccutane was the best and cleared up all my acne without leaving any scars.

Reply to Schalk