Question
Posted by: lizette | 2011/10/21

accusing irrationally

After the sudden death of my Dad, my sister started accusing me of all things that I, accordingly to her did wrong.

At first I tried to cope with her behaviour, it is now almost 5 months later, and she is getting worse and worse.

She wanted to have a forensic autopsy done on him which cost the family neaarly sixthousand rand, because she believed he was killed by an overdose of scheduled medication, accoording to her, which I supplied. It hurt me a lot, but i beared with it, believing that it was shock that made her react that way.

Things are getting worse every month. She now tells the family that i stole more than a million from my own Father, and do it very convincingly.

In the mean time the auditors found the stolen million in the Glacier Investment fund, [provisding a pension for Mom every month.

Is ther any name for this condition? I love my Sister dearly, and wants to know if she could be helped by either medication or cognitive therapy, hypnosis, wahtever. This is ripping the Family apart.

She refused us to spend the October holidays in our Family Home at the Seaside, because I would steal the furniture!

Could be paranoia, or a pathological response to grief, or just a miserable and horrible person wanting badly to blame someone else for a bad thing that happened that may have been nobody's fault, or some combination. Hypnosis would be useless and could probably make things much worse, but could suely be helped if she could be persuaded ( maybe by someone other than you ) to see a shrink for a proper assessment, diagnosis, and then a discussion of treatment options.

2

Posted by: Casey | 2011/10/22

It might be in the best interest of your sister to get her professional help as soon as possible.

Reply to Casey