Question
Posted by: Avedi | 2008/07/05

Accumulation of mucus in the throat

Hi doc
I am 22, just out of college. I have a problem with somewhere around the throat (I am not so sure, for it affects more my breathing than my swallowing). Every time I have done some exercise, or have taken something sugary, or am feeling thirsty, a thick mucus seems to form in the area described above. I find it difficult to breath, and feel like 'inhaling' or 'pulling inside' the mucus. This actually forms some relief, but within a minute or so, it reccures. What could this be?I have never talked to a physician about it, but I believe I am not asthmatic. please advice.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I strongly recommend that you consult a GP, in order to have a full examination done. It is possible that you are suffering from a post-nasal drip, due to sinusitis. If you are a smoker, you should refrain from smoking.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Avedi | 2008/07/07

Thankyou so much for taking time to respond to my question.

I, however, would wish to understand what you mean by 'sinusitis' even as I seek medical attention. I do not smoke - thank God! - so I hope the solution is not very hectic. do you suppose there are drugs to clear the nal passage?

Once again, than you so much for your response.

Reply to Avedi