Question
Posted by: Brian Levin | 2010-03-16

Accomodation

I have a brother living in Cape Town that is in need of some sort of psychiatric care. He is 55 years old  his problems started when he was 18 or 19 after having some sort of breakdown. I think he has been diagnosed as schizophrenic  there was also drug abuse –  dagga and LSD at that time. He was a patient at Weskoppies in Pretoria, Tara in Johannesburg and Valkenberg in Cape Town for some time. Currently he is living in a house in Observatory with 7 other people similar to him. Trouble is that this house is about to close down soon and we need to find a place for him. I’ m located in Johannesburg  I have a sister and elderly mother in Cape Town. Unfortunately they are in no position to accommodate him. They have tried to get him into place called Glendale, but there seems to be a lengthy waiting list as well as the cost of keeping him there, which could be a problem.
Could you help in any way, any suggestions –  possibly phone numbers of people, organization or institutions that could help?
Brian

Not something I know about - so thanks, B, for your help here !

2

Posted by: B | 2010-03-16

Try the following and see if they can assist with your brothers needs.

1.Oasis in Century City 021 –  5287301
2.Booth Memorial Oranjezicht 021-4654846
3.Palm Garden Seepoint –  021-4391171

Reply to B