Posted by: MARU | 2009-07-27

Hi Doc For the past tree years I kept on waiting for the world to give me what I thought I deserved with regards to relationships. But now I realise that I can take the available resources around me &  sculpt them to suit most of my needs not all. To do this I have re-started a friendship with an ex-boyfriend who rally does not have much with regards to life accomplishments. But he has the one thing I am looking for in a partner right now with is time . So my question is would this seem like I am using him or by me accepting his current situation and maybe helping through it is a better way to look at this
I hope I my question is clear!!PS He makes me feel good all the time when I am with him and not only physically

Maru, if I'd started waiting for what the world owed me to be delivered, I'd still be waiting. Sounds like you made a valuable recognition of one of the basic truths of life --- well done ! Maybe this renewed friendship is something you need as well as want --- it's not using if you have been frank in discussing the situation with him, and you have both agreed to the characteristics of this relationship