Question
Posted by: B | 2012/03/13

Acceptable

Dear Diet doc

Thank you for your useful help to us all the time.

Can you please tell me what is an acceptable rate of weighloss? I have changed my eating habits and portion sizes based on the information given on your site and from weighless. So far I have lost 3,5kgs in 3 weeks, which I think is fine. I need to lose around 20kgs. I am focussing more on the goal of learning to eat healthily, so time is not a factor.

It would be helpful to know, that a loss of whatever a week shows I am on the right tract.

Dear B
Thank you so much for your kind words, which make my day! I am also so pleased to hear that you are going about your weight loss in a sensible way and are not putting yourself under pressure to lose '10kg in 5 days' like some frantic dieters. In general, a weightloss varying between 0,5 kg and 1 kg per week, is regarded as good and not excessive. Your loss so far is excellent and should prove encouraging for your to continue with eating a healthy diet to lose weight.
Best regards and wishing you all the best of this new endeavour

1

Dear B