Posted by: Buks | 2009-01-15

AC Joint injury?

Hi Doc,
On a heavy incline dumbell-press my training partner grabbed my wrists to assist in the lift taking away all the strength from my chest leaving me with only my delts.
Shoulder has been hurting since then - early Oct 2008. I' ve been having these shoulder problems for a loooong time - on and off. (40 YO) Struggling to do chest exercises etc.
Reading info from shoulderinstitute i think its the AC joint.
Could you please suggest a Doc in PTA that specializes in this procedure?

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Buks,

I agree with you that it could be your AC joint. I would suggest you see Dr Theo Rosch who is a good shoulder specialist in PTA and can exanine you and confirm the diagnosis. You may mention to him that i "referred" you

All the best,

Dr Joe de Beer

Who in your opinion is the best shoulder specialist to see in the gauteng(Pretoria) area regarding repeated shoulder dislocation?
I need to find someone who has an excellent track record when performing latarjet shoulder surgery.

Thanking you in advance