Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2011/04/04

Abusive Relationship

I am in a relationship that is abusive. It is mainly verbally and mentally abusive but not physically abusive, yet. I know that the obvious anwser is to get out of the relationship and I want to, and I have also tried to but do not know what to do. I feel like I can not talk to anyone about it, I feel embarrassed for letting myself get into an abusive relationship Nobody truly knows what is going on although my mom knows everything is not as it is supposed to be. I know that I should kick him out but when I try he threatens me, saying he won''t be kicked out, I won''t get rid of him that easily and before he goes he''ll make sure he takes me for everything I have. And that because of me he has nobody an nowhere to go. The flat we stay in is on my name and I pay the full amount of rent and bills. Sometimes we get along, but when we don’ t which is more and more lately it is awfull. I do stand up for myself, I don’ t just take it but I think that I probably just make it worse. I guess my question is that I just do not know what exactly to do. I am scared of him. Any advice would be greatly appeiciated. Thank you.

MY reply to the neighbouring qustion applies, too ; and I think this is indeed a repeat of your original mesage . Never accept or remain in an abusive relationship ; consult POWa or some similar local group ; and get a court order forbidding the rat from contacting or harrassing you. Plan a SAFE escape.

1